Friday 9 December 2011

Bear, Otter, and the KidBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. Klune

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book is not just a love story between two men; this is a love story between two brothers and their friends. The story starts when Bear’s mother decides to leave her two son’s for a man, leaving a note and just over 100 dollars telling him to take care of Tyson his 6 year old brother and make sure to pay the rent each month. 
The story is written in present tense and there is a lot of dialogue inside bear’s head, also some flashbacks to the past and present time. Even though the story was difficult to read it was written beautifully I was tempted a few times to skim some of the dialogue in Bears head as it felt like there was just too much. But I kept reading not allowing myself to put the book down. I will say it was worth the read, and I gave the book a 5 star rating.

The friendship between Creed, Otter and Bear is strong until Bear kissed Otter, Otter takes this change in Bears behaviour as something he may have pushed or somehow coerced Bear into feeling. Otter flees for 3 year, to cover this up. Bear has never been the same since the day Otter left, knowing deep down he feels like a part of him is missing.

The coming together, the struggles Bear faces when he realizes he is in love with a man, who happens to be his best friend’s older brother, and the daily struggles he has taking care of his brother and facing his mother years later. This is a story that I would recommend and is a must read.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I adored this book and I have read it twice and when book 2 comes out I will read it again!!

    ReplyDelete