Thursday 10 May 2012

Coming Home by M.J. O'Shea

Coming HomeComing Home by M.J. O'Shea
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Description

Dead broke and newly homeless, Tallis Carrington is on the walk of shame to end all walks of shame. Back to Rock Bay, where he’d once ruled as high school aristocracy with his band of jocks, and tormented a freshman named James Barry. Until a scandal reduced his family's name to little better than a curse word. He needs a job, and fast, so he can put the town in his rearview mirror once again. But the people of Rock Bay haven’t forgotten him, or the kid he used to be.

The only person in town willing to overlook his less than stellar reputation is Lex, the new coffee shop owner, who seems to despise Tally based on his reputation alone. Tally is desperate, so he takes the job, not understanding Lex’s hot and cold routine until he discovers that his gorgeous boss isn’t the newcomer he thought, but the very same kid he used to torture in school. Now he’ll pull out all the stops to prove he was never really the jerk everyone thought him to be. And if he can win Lex’s heart, the rest of the town should be a piece of coffee cake.



My Review:


M.J. O'Shea is a fantastic author, the character developement and plot are well written.  The words flowed so well that I couldn't put this book down.

This is a story of two men one was the bully and the other was the one being bullied.  You see and feel the tension and the build up of a new romance starting.  Can Lex forgive and forget and try to understand Tallis actions when he was younger. Can he see past his own hurt and forgive Tallis?

It was hard at time reading this.....as I did get mad at Tallis and not sure if I could forgive him .....but I will try to move on.

This is a romance story about forgiveness and understanding that people do change.

M.J. O'Shea has once again written a great story, and would recommend this book to anyone who enjoy's m/m romance.


Interview with M.J. O'Shea


Aside from writing, what else do you enjoy doing? Do you have any hobbies?

Lots:)  I paint and draw, play a few instruments, I go to dance class when I have time, I love to cook and write new recipes.

What's your favorite hobby outside of writing?

Piano. It's not really what I'd call a hobby. More like a lifetime pursuit that I'm not very good at right at the moment:) I keep telling my old teacher I'm going to get back into it.

If you weren't a writer, what would you be?

If I wasn't the size of Xena warrior princess, I'd have been a dancer. But I am...well almost. Five Ten. Other than that, I would have probably stuck with teaching junior high school, and taught music lessons on the side:)

If time travel were possible, what time period(s) would you most like to visit? Why?

Oooh, regency england for sure for sure. There are others that I'd like to see for a short while, but probably not experience first hand.

If you had the opportunity to sit down to dinner with one famous person, either past or present, who would you choose and why?

Actually, Lady Gaga. Odd answer for a writer, but she interests me. I like her drive, her odd artistic aesthetic, and she seems very intelligent.

If you were an animal, which one would you be? Why?

Tiger. For sure. Ironically they were my high school mascot, but that's not why I'd pick them. I think they're beautiful but a little dangerous, and I admire their solitary nature...and no, that's not how I see myself. I just like them. I can see people rolling their eyes thinking I consider myself solitary and dangerously beautiful. No no no...hehe.

If you could invite any fictional character to dinner who would you choose?

Is it awful if I say Nick Ventura? (one of my characters) I think he'd crack me up and I love to laugh at inappropriate jokes:) Other than that...well it would have to be Dumbledore. Who'd say no to dinner with Dumbledore?

If you could travel in a Time Machine would you go back to the past or into the future? Why?

The Past. I think the future would be interesting to see, but I have the brain of an archaeology major. I have to see all of the things I used to read about in class. I want to see what Egypt looked like in the time of the pharaohs, I want to see ancient greece...yeah, no more dorking out.

If you could have any superpower/be any superhero, what/who would you choose? Why?

I'd want to be able to fly for sure. One of my favorite feelings is getting as high as I can jumping on a trampoline. I'd love to really be able to take off in the air and just keep going and going. I would NOT want to be able to read people's minds. Sometimes it's best not to know what people are thinking.

You have won one million dollars what is the first thing that you would buy?

Definitely some sort of dream vacation. For an airline captain's daughter, I haven't been that many places. I'd love to travel and see the world.

If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

Sunscreen! Lol. Other than that, another person, a knife, and one last peppermint white mocha…


Links:)

Website
 Blog with Piper
Twitter
 Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment